March 17, 2018 by evanyore
Home Carpet Cleaning vs. Professional Carpet Cleaners: Which Option is Best for You?
Carpet cleaning is a great way to remove odors and refresh your living space. There are two options available. You can buy or rent equipment and do it yourself, or you can hire a professional carpet cleaning service. Which option is the best choice for your household?
DIY Carpet Cleaning
Before you tackle carpet cleaning on your own, make sure you know what to expect during the process. How much time will it take? How expensive is the equipment to buy or rent? Do you have to contend with obstacles or higher-maintenance carpeting like high-pile rugs? There are several good reasons to try to handle the job yourself, including:
• You don’t have to pay professional rates to get carpets cleaned
• You can schedule carpet cleaning anytime, even late at night
• You can handle future cleanings when you own your own equipment and products
That sound great, but there are some challenges that come with doing it yourself. The cons of DIY carpet cleaning include:
• Carpet cleaning can take a lot of time, especially in larger homes
• You may have to research the process, which requires even more time
• You may not know how to safely handle all carpeting types or heavy stains
• Consumer-grade carpet cleaners may not be up to the task in larger, dirtier spaces
Professional Carpet Cleaning
The alternative is to hire a professional carpet cleaning service to do the job for you. This process will involve reviewing local companies to find one that offers the best combination of price and results. When you hire a business to do the job for you, you can enjoy benefits like:
• You can keep more time in your day and let the pros handle all of the work
• You won’t have to buy or rent equipment or purchase cleaning solution
• You can rest easy knowing experts are handling your floors with care
• There’s no learning curve because the professionals know how to do it
Hiring a carpet cleaner sounds like a great choice for many people, but there are a few drawbacks to consider:
• Professional carpet cleaning costs more than doing it yourself
• You will have to schedule your cleaning within the company’s business hours
How Should You Get Your Carpets Cleaned?
If you know how to do it and have access to the equipment, you could go the DIY route. However, if you can afford to pay a professional, you can save a lot of time and headaches. Some businesses offer customer satisfaction guarantees that help ensure that the results meet your expectations. You won’t get a guarantee when you do it on your own. If you make a mistake and damage something, you will have to pay for it out of your own pocket.
As an alternative, some people may choose to have only a few rooms in their homes cleaned by a professional. This could be high traffic areas that see the most dirt. Or it could be an area with high-pile carpet or other unique needs that might be challenging for a DIYer. No matter which option you choose, regular carpet cleanings can help your floors look beautiful while your home remains comfortable and odor-free.